To celebrate the launch of the Fearne by Swan kitchenware range, we have teamed up with Fearne Cotton to create this delicious recipe.
Impress your guests with this delicious plum and polenta cake. Not only does it look and taste amazing, it’s also as quick and easy to make as a cake can be.
The full recipe can be found below or download the recipe card for a printable version.
Serves: 8 – 10
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
• 100g ground almonds
• 50g fine cornmeal or polenta flour, if you can’t find it use more ground almonds
• 50g white spelt flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 lemons, both zested and 1 juiced
• 200g unsalted butter or coconut oil, softened
• 150g coconut palm sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 4 plums, halved & stoned
• Yoghurt to serve, Greek, coconut or soya
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / gas mark 6 and line a 24cm springform tin.
- In a bowl combine together the ground almonds, cornmeal, spelt flour, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Put the softened butter or coconut oil, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high until combined. Add this into the dry ingredients and combine together.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and gently lay the plum halves skin side up on top of the cake and return to the oven. Bake for a further 15-18 minutes until the top is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove and leave to cool for 20 minutes. Turn out of the tin onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Serve with a few spoons of yoghurt on the side.