There’s nothing more alluring than the smell of homemade cookies baking in the oven. If you can stop yourself from eating all the raw cookie dough, these cherry and coconut cookies are a delicious twist on a classic treat.
The full recipe can be found below or download the recipe card for a printable version.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 – 20 minutes
• 225g butter
• 140g caster sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 180g self-raising flour
• 100g dried cherries and berries
• 40g desiccated coconut
- Line two baking trays with silicone paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour, coconut, and dried fruit until a stiff dough is formed.
- Roll into a log shape and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes, then cut into approximately 30 rounds.
- Place on a baking tray equally spaced apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Top tip: You can make the dough in advance and store in fridge or freezer – just slice and bake when needed. The frozen mixture will take approx. 5 minutes longer to bake.